Please consider downloading the latest version of Internet Explorer
to experience this site as intended.
Tools Search Main Menu

Department of Public Safety

Domestic Violence &
Order of Protection Response

Domestic Violence

If you have a domestic situation, whether on or off University property, it is important to remember a few things:

  • Your safety is of the utmost importance to us!
  • If the incident occurred on university property, call Public Safety as soon as possible (X-13, or 275-3333) to report the incident.
  • If the incident occurred off of university property, call 911 to report the incident.
  • If there is a possibility of the other involved party coming onto university property, notify Public Safety as soon as possible.
  • Provide a brief description of the events of the incident.
  • Provide a name and physical description of the involved party. Also, provide a vehicle description, if applicable, and note whether he/she has access to any weapons.

Order of Protection (OOP)

  • If you have an order of protection against a spouse, partner, ex-spouse, ex-partner, etc. please notify Public Safety as soon as possible.
  • Have the order in hand, so that the order can be copied/filed in Public Safety‚Äôs records.
  • Please notify Public Safety with any modifications to the order.
  • Notify Public Safety immediately, if the involved party threatens to come onto university property, or if the involved party actually comes onto university property.

Site maintained by University Public Safety